TOMB RAIDER IS A X-ONE EXCLUSIVE!!!!! and why its not as bad as you think.
OK, OK, I get it. Its not a complete exclusive, its a timed exclusive. I still highly disagree that it should be an exclusive at all, and frankly if it has to be exclusive it should be a PS4 exclusive! I'm, not even a purist but for fucks sake the franchise started on a PC/PS1 platform. Not only that but when they ported over the Tomb Raider definitive edition they couldn't get it to run on X-One as well as they did on PS4. So as a company, you knowingly decided to team up with the underpowered console because of what again? Oh yeah, the almighty dollar. That is why I am most pissed. This wasn't done because of creative integrity or a differing in opinions. This was set into place because Square Enix set an unobtainable goal of selling 10 million units of the game when it was on current gen consoles. Fuck you SE! I like your games enough to not be able to boycott but know this.... I still think this is unjust!
#INJUSTICE
What can you do as a gamer to fight this? Well....Nothing. As a gamer you should support great games no matter how stupid their politics are. The truth is the gaming industry is a hard one. As a developer you put hours of work and love into these video games. The whole time you know you have a sales quota. This quota if not met, could mean the end of your fucking studio. Imagine if every project you did at work had your job on the line...Not fun.
Then you have the people who will look for every fucking detail wrong with your game, just to be assholes. You get hit with mediocre reviews that do nothing but not bring your sales way the fuck down. Then guess what, you're done, time to hit career builder. The point is that I do find it shitty that as a PS4 only owner, I'm now waiting for a game for no other reason that money. Can I blame them for going for the more profitable venture? Well...no. My worry is that, if we can buy game companies loyalty, when does the creative process go up for sale?
Comments
Post a Comment