The Last Of Us (Ps4)
Oh boy has it been a while . Which is rather fitting considering my latest review is of a game I have been waiting along time to play. I was not one of the lucky people who played it on the ps3. My console broke about a month before it came out, and with the Ps4 mere months away... I said Fuck it, if its great then they will remake it. Sure enough they did! Which brings us to the now. How is it? Fucking great!...I considered ending the review here....I really did.However there is much more to tell, so lets begin.
(There will not be many ps3/ps4 comparisons here. Didn't play the ps3 one, Don't care. )
OK, so first point of interest, the graphics. Honestly the game was incredible looking on the ps3. Ive watched many videos to feed my inner nerd. However that's not to say it isn't an upgrade. It mot assuredly is. Biggest thing, the game now runs at 60 FPS. Which if you've played the original or turned on the 30 FPS mode in the options, it makes a world of difference. Also we have a very crisp bump up into the 1080 P resolution. ( Way to catch up to PC gaming) Its cleaner, more detailed and a bit more colorful. All those things you see in the trailers are actual game play. Its gorgeous. With that said, it is not a "next gen" game. Sorry, its just not.
Yes it looks great, how does it play? Fantastic. I touched down on it already but the 60 FPS just make the game smoother and less clunky with the combat controls. Anyone who has played the original knows that in tight corners it can get frustrating. That still can happen because its less rare. Between the extra frame-rate and more accurate controllers of the Ps4, it controls like margarine...wait...never mind.
Now the story as wonderful and complex and engaging as it is, its fucking hard to play. This game is a drain on your emotions. It has the pace where when good things start to happen, prepare yourself for some fucked up shit. I say this with love, but after a session one night I had to go watch one of those save a pet commercials with Sarah McLaughlin playing in the background just to cheer up. "his is heavy doc" doesn't describe it. To be fair, because of the emotional side, every time I put the controller down I itched to pick it up.
Its got DLC!!! I fucking hate what DLC has become with games today. Its like buying a car and having to buy things like your spare tire or windshield wipers after. Give me a complete game goddammit! Any who, it comes with the formerly $14.99 DLC focusing on Ellie. MEH
The last but not least feature in the last of us is indeed the photo mode. Its pretty cool actually. You can stop any scene anytime. I have several photos of my guy getting his throat ripped open. Good stuff.

Unfortunately as great as this game is, its not bug free. I fell through the floor into a closet that you could never enter in the game, and I was stuck. Restart encounter.....10 Minutes of game-play lost! I might as well start over! Other graphical small stuff occurred, minor but noticeable.
If haven't kissed this games ass enough, I love it. This one will not be traded in.
Comments
Post a Comment