In Defense Of The Gamepad!





Oh boy, how do I start this one?  Well before many of you even read the article I will no doubt be called several forms of "Noob"  These insults will no doubt be hurled by young assholes who dont know anything about "PC Gaming"  Just because you play call of duty with a keyboard and mouse doesn't mean your anything more than I am.  To those of you the previous few sentences describe, please feel free to go fuck yourself.  This article isn't for you...

So lets begin.  First off as if it wasn't obvious enough, I use the game pad in every game I play on PC.  More specifically a 360 game-pad.  Support for X-one controller has now been updated to work via USB cable.  I don't use one only because I don't own the X-One, thus don't own any controllers.  I have used an X-One controller with the PC, I will say this.  With the time I had it, it felt better and more responsive than a 360 controller.

I would like to address that the fact is, when using a mouse you obviously have more accuracy.  Its a reflex, very little thought is needed.  My question... So what?  I enjoy a controller much more than a keyboard and mouse.  It just feels better.  Its actually relaxing.  Unless you have a really nice set up gaming with the keyboard and mouse isn't really comfortable.  This is made even less comfortable if you work a job with constant computer use.  After a long day the last thing I want to use is another keyboard. 

I understand this is all realistically preference and you may be asking, well why do you care if people prefer one over the other?  The truth is I don't.  I am tired of every forum and article on PC gaming has to include the self righteous fucks that hate on game pad users.  Every time I check to see if a particular game supports controller I come across post about nothing more that how game pad users are Noobs and they suck.  Aren't we adults?  I mean shit, it cant even be a cost issue at this point.  Most games that come to PC are ported from consoles.  With the new consoles maybe not so much.  That is only because the architecture is so similar that it really isn't anything different.  My point is why not include controller?  Why do I have to uncomfortably play Mass Effect if I want to experience the full thing on my PC?

In the end it of course is all relative.  You get the same great game, your preference is just different than mine.  The thing is my PC gaming keyboard and mouse using friends, there will come a time when you are forced to adapt.  Lets hope you hold up to the same criticisms.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Powerman 5000: Builder of the Future

Volbeat Seal the Deal

Politics