The Golden Age of DLC

DLC is one of biggest and best things going on within the gaming industry....Financially speaking at least. I myself am very mixed on it. On one hand I remember and long for the days of, when you bought a game you were buying a complete package. On the other hand DLC gives developers more time to focus on their creative efforts.
If a DLC comes out that is a true expansion to the game, as in more content that further enriches my game play. I'll buy it. What I don't buy into are the things like the season passes. I have issues with these because the season pass to me is nothing more than a cash cow. Its grown especially ridiculous with the call of duty games. Why am I paying an extra 60 dollars for 16 new maps? Some guns, maybe some cool extinction levels...yeah all right sweet! Thank you for making me pay more for shit that should have been in the game in the first place!
There is always the argument that DLC allows developers more time to craft and update. I disagree. These things we call DLC are formally known as "expansion packs" However expansion packs in my opinion gave more content. Like I said, DLC has its pros and its cons. My worry is that if they can basically sells us chunks of game for top dollar, whats to stop them from selling us the entire game piece by piece?
Comments
Post a Comment