The Grey
Ok so if you're an action fan then you've undoubtedly heard of Liam Neeson. As of late hes been starring in one high octane action movie after another. Taken's blu ray (one of my favorites) literally has a body count special feature. With that said The Grey is an entirely different movie. I'm going to try to give you an honest review without giving to much away. The story begins with Neeson working on an Alaskan oil rig. His whole job is to shoot wolves who get to close to the workers. (are there seriously that many wolves) Anyways hes a sad fellow who to put it nicely wants a quick exit from life. He decides to take the next plane to the closest town to do whatever he wants to do when all of a sudden his plane crashes. Now just saying his plane crashes is an understatement. This is one of the most tense, scary, and realistic crash scenes I've ever seen on film. It will never been shown as your in flight movie. Needless to say Neeson survives with a handful of others. From this point on Neeson helps the men survive as best as he can. Unfortunately one by one they go. What I liked about the characters is the fact that each had a personality as well as a fair amount of time on screen. The only issue I had with the characters is that realistically I didn't feel bad for most of the men who died. The emotional connect was not there, then again this could have been done on purpose. The movie itself has a great pace to it. I assume you're thinking "gee how do they die?" I can sum that up real quick....wolves! The one thing he was sworn to destroy is now hunting him. In fact there really isn't many issues besides the wolves. However they are truly nasty. Think of the scariest Wolf you can, now feed it human flesh and watch it grow. To be honest the ending was a little bit of a let down. Overall I recommend this movie 100 percent. Just go in knowing this isn't a happy tale by any means, the story is dark and full of violence.

Comments
Post a Comment