I am Loving Starfield   



       I am Loving Starfield    

First and foremost let's be clear, this isn't a review. This is me, little ole Nerdattude. Trying to figure out why, despite the technical bugs, the questionable design decisions, and the straight-up tone-deaf development team comments, I still love Starfield.

The truth is I am loving my time with Starfield. The game is full of things to do and has become one of the first games in a while to completely capture my attention. Would I say Starfield is revolutionary? No. Do comments from the Dev team stating "We could have produced a bug-free game" piss me off? Affirmative. Even with the surrounding hate and yes, justified criticisms, I am nevertheless enjoying my time with Starfield.

Do you want to be a pirate thief lord who answers to no man and takes whatever they please? Maybe you're more of the good guy hero who takes on the entire universe's plight on their shoulders. Maybe you just want to zone out for a bit after work and explore planets and meet new creatures...and kill them... Starfield has a pay style for everyone as well as associated missions to appease every taste. I know six people playing Starfield. We all play the game differently. It undoubtedly is a title where you can make the most out of the game, or you can bitch about the option to choose your pronoun.

This variety of playstyle in my opinion is due to there being no handle holding. After you complete the first 5 or so main missions you're free to fuck off and make your own experience. Unusually few quests feel useless. You have unimportant quests like bounty hunting and your basic fetch quest. Some activities, however, can extend into an hour-long mission. There is a large amount of content especially if you're a completionist.

I am excited for the future of Starfield not for what the game presents as of now, but, for what the game can be. Just imagine the entire Star Wars Galaxy modded into the game. Do you want to fly around as Buzz Lightyear and fight Zuurg? The modders are on it. Suffer an issue with the game's UI? Modders got you covered. 

The future with Starfield can be magnificent and I for one am happy to continue venturing into the unknown. I'll check in from time to time and let you know how my experience is going.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Powerman 5000: Builder of the Future

Volbeat Seal the Deal

Politics